This creamy, lemony, buttery, luscious and versatile honey lemon curd is incredibly easy to make. You can serve it simply with a slice of plain cake, or turn it into mousse to serve on berries.
115g (4oz) Unsalted Butter
340g (12oz) Clear Honey
4 Medium Eggs, lightly beaten
60g (2oz) Granulated Sugar
Grated rind zest and juice of 3 Lemons
1. Put the honey, sugar, butter, lemon rind and juice in the top of a double saucepan or a bowl placed over simmering water.
2. Stir until sugar and butter is melted.
3. Beat the eggs into the mixture and continue cooking until it begins to thicken and coat the back of the spoon.
4. Pour into a warmed 454g (1lb) honey jar.
5. When cold, cover with waxed disk and cellophane top or lid.